Troy Tech Talks
DETROIT – Tricia Albery & Colleen Geyer, co-founders of Troy Tech Talks share how the program began, resources they found and lessons learned along the way. Troy Tech Talks was created with great support from the school district and has been a way to provide information and resources to parents.
Troy Tech Talks helps parents keep up with digital trends and learn from each other as well as promotes appropriate use & a positive technology environment for our students to gain skills needed to be successful. Additionally, district employees contribute to Troy Tech Talks and share how technology is used both in the classroom and how it can be used at home.
Partner with the Troy School District (TSD) to provide information and resources to parents with regards to:
- Helping parents keep up with digital trends and learn from each other
- Promoting appropriate use & a positive technology environment for our students to gain skills needed to be successful, defined by ISTE standards & Digital Citizenship.
- Sharing how technology is used both in the classroom and at home
Tweet about what you've seen or heard, let other parents know about upcoming events at #troytechtalk and #onetroy. All efforts of this group are from volunteer parents and staff.
- March 2017 - Digital Dangers & Cyber Bullying
- September 2016 - Social Media And Your College Application
- May 2016 - Psychological affects of technology, Tools to help kids avoid the summer slide & Apps for parents, just for fun!
- April 2016 - Tweens, Teens + Social Media: What Parents + Educators Need to Know
- February 2016 - Before You Google It!
- January 2016 - Monitoring & Filtering Software/Apps Information for Parents
- November 2015 - Cyberbullying & Sexting Presentation - Oakland County Prosecutor
- October 2015 - TSD Filters and Schoology