TSD Times (April 2021)
You can email submissions to Linda Alfonso by clicking on the envelope below:
Baby CONGRATULATIONS goes out to:
- Kate Rainey (T&L Math Curriculum & Instruction Specialist) and her husband, James, on the birth of their son, Mateo, on February 15th.
- Tom Keegan (Teacher/Troy High) on the birth of his son, Edison, on February 18th.
- Val (Nafso) Kesto (Teacher/Troy High) and her husband, Delano, on the birth of their daughter, Cecilia Mary Kesto, on February 25th.
- Sarah Ambrozy (Teacher/Wattles) on the birth of her daughter, Morgan Gail Ambrozy, on March 1st.
- Virginia Riolo (Teacher/Troy High) on the birth of her granddaugther, Adeline Rae, on March 7th.
- Ashley Pellosmaa (Teacher/Watttles) on the birth of her son, Elijah Michael, on March 20th.
- Kelsey Witt (T&L ELD Curriculum & Instruction Specialist) on the birth of her son, Luke Johnson Witt, on March 20th.
From the entire Troy School District family, our sincerest condolences and heartfelt wishes go out to the families and friends of the following staff members:
- Cheryl Lozon (Speech Language Pathologist/Early Interventionist) on the loss of her father, Daniel Lozon, on February 27th.
- Julie Tucker (Teacher/Troy High) on the loss of her father-in-law, Robert Tucker, on March 2nd.
- Sarah Clos (Teacher/Wass & Hamilton) on the loss of her ex-husband, Bill Clos, on March 3rd.
- Kay Pedersen (Retired Teacher) on the loss of her son, Erik Pedersen, on March 3rd.
- Nancy Weigand (Retired Secretary) passed away on March 7th.
- Mary Pepoy (Secretary/Larson) on the loss of her mother, Sara Tripodi, on March 30th.
- Jan Murdoff (Retired Teacher) passed away on April 2nd.
3-Layer Cloth Face Masks
Adult and Child Size $7 each
Multi-layer face masks (two layers of cloth with fused interfacing between cloth layers), elastic ear straps, nose strip, washable.
Lots of fabric designs and colors to choose from -- sports teams, seasonal fabrics, hand drawn designs, characters, animals, etc. Too many fabric designs to picture.
The child masks have elastic that is tied to fit post sale, so that it fits child's face properly.
If interested, you can check out the designs and pick up in the Technology Office at the Services Building.
Questions email firstname.lastname@example.org
Glaciers and ice sheets hold about 69 percent of the world's freshwater.
The fastest gust of wind ever recorded on earth was 253 miles per hour.
Whale songs can be used to map out the ocean floor.
There are more than 24 time zones around the world.
The "M's" in M&Ms stand for "Mars" and "Murrie."
(That would be Forrest Mars and Bruce Murrie, the two businessmen who created the candy-coated chocolates. The two actually had a very contentious relationship, as Mars leveraged Murrie out of his 20 percent share in the company in 1949—years before M&Ms would become the best-selling candy in the U.S., paying him just $1 million for a share of business that would quickly be worth billions.)