Our District | Web Flyers & Peachjar Submissions
The TSD utilizes PeachJar to distribute flyers to families and staff: www.peachjar.com.
Flyer Approval Guidelines
The Troy School District is happy to work with our student groups, parent publicity volunteers, PTO/PTAs, enrichment, educational groups and community partners to distribute flyers electronically to our families. All flyers will be reviewed and distribution is at the sole discretion of the school district. These guidelines do not represent an exhaustive list of approval criteria, but serve as a more general framework for distribution and were developed using Administrative Regulation 7007AR-Advertising.
All flyers to be distributed must:
- Support the basic educational mission of the district, directly benefit the students, or be of intrinsic positive value to the students or their parents/guardians.
- Be in PDF format and smaller than 6 MB.
- Contain the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity.
- Be from a non-profit organization or a for-profit organization/business that is donating a portion of the proceeds from the event to a school based or student group.
- Be accessible to all readers - review the Document Accessibility Guidelines
Flyers to be distributed cannot:
Directly compete with any of our Troy School District programs, including Community Ed/Enrichment or our partner programs with the City of Troy.
- Publicize or promote a particular political party, political organization or political viewpoint.
- Proselytize religious beliefs.
- Advertise events not suitable for children, including tobacco, alcohol or other intoxicants.
- Are lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous. • Incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Position the district on any side of a controversial issue.
- Discriminate against, attack or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability or other unlawful consideration.
The Troy School District is proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion and will not accept flyers for groups that cause divisiveness or disrespect. Approval of your flyer does not imply District endorsement of any identified product and/or of services. The Troy School District does not distribute paper flyers, with rare exceptions for building level information only. If your flyer meets the above criteria and you wish to have it sent to TSD families, please create an account and submit it for review.