TECHNOLOGY "HOW TO" & SYSTEM STATUS PAGE
Need Additional Tech Support? (248) 823-5092 or
Email us: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
School Year Hours: Monday - Friday 8am-4pm
Summer Hours: 4420 Livernois, Troy MI 48098, M-Th, 8am-4pm
Frequently Asked Questions & Resources
The Troy School District uses Schoology, an award-winning Learning Management System that offers our students the opportunity to see assignments and grades, participate in group discussions, interact with teachers and other students, track their progress, turn in assignments, monitor progress and homework due dates, plus much more. Schoology: (pronounced - Skool'uh-jee)
- Check your Wifi connection/signal
- Login using your email address and password
- If you are unable to use the app, try opening Safari and navigating to: https://troyschools.schoology.com/
- If you are still experiencing issues, try Resetting Your Network Settings. Click for instructions
How to check the status of Schoology (is the site stable or down):
- Why do I need a Parent Schoology account?
- My child already has a Schoology account, now what?
- My child's school is listed incorrectly in the portal?
- My child has graduated and I'm still receiving email from Schoology?
The district provides parents an access code to create a Schoology account to follow their student's coursework and progress. Parents can view the following with their account:
- Semester Courses
- Calendars (upcoming & overdue assignments)
- Test and Homework Grades
- Classroom Syllabus
- Messages from the school and teacher
Parents can also set notifications by text and/or email for up-to-date summary reports and teacher messages.
Some elementary classrooms use a BASIC or FREE version of Schoology that is different than the PREMIUM version (primarily used by secondary students).
In these instances, when you child moves up to middle school, you will need to DELETE your BASIC account (or use a different email address) and create a NEW account when you are provided the student access code. For instructions on how to delete your BASIC account Click Here
- Do I have to have multiple accounts for each child?
- I forgot my parent account password?
- How is Schoology different from PowerSchool?
- Accessible LOGIN Links
If you have more than one child, we provide you a code per child and have you link them together upon set-up in one account. No need to do this each year, once it is set-up you are done.
If you need additional assistance, each school building has a Schoology Tech Chair that can assist you with questions and concerns.
Schoology is a tool that students use daily to interface with the teacher on assignments and coursework. It also allows parents to manage their child's academic progress.
PowerSchool is a student data management system and will update you on your child's attendance, disciplinary actions and final grade reports.