Additional FAQ's for Parents
- Where do I get the Student Responsibility / Insurance form?
- When do students receive their iPads?
- Will my student receive a new ipad or refurbished device?
- Is training available for students on how to use the iPad?
- Can parents opt their student out of using the iPad altogether?
- Can student's install their own apps?
- What accessories will be provided with the iPad?
- Is there technical support for student ipads in their school buildings?
- Do students keep their ipad or other device over the summer?
- My student has their own ipad. Can they use their own?
- What happens if an iPad gets damaged, lost or stolen?
- How do I Pay for insurance?
- Are there content filtering restrictions on the iPad?
Yes, 1:1 studnets keep their iPads over the summer months, unless directed by the school district.
Students DO NOT keep the iPad, if they move out of the school district.
The iPads and the accessories are the property of the Troy School District and must be returned to a designated staff member in your building.
Without Insurance: If insurance coverage is not purchased, accidental damage repair fees are: $50 for the first instance, $100 for the second instance, and $150 for the third instance. Each tempered glass replacement carries a fee of $10.
Accessories are not covered by the insurance plan. All students are provided with a charging plug and cable when the device is assigned to the student. Replacement of lost or damaged cables is the responsibility of the student. Troy School District recommends Apple OEM or Apple Certified replacements. *Note: Incoming 7th and 8th grade students were instructed to keep their adapter and power cable over the summer and will not be receiving these accessories when they receive their iPad.
Insurance does not cover lost or stolen iPads. Lost or Stolen iPads are subject to a $300 deductible and requires the successful filing of a police report and a copy provided to the school.
Intentional damage incidents are subject to a fee up to $300.
To best protect the iPad and minimize the chance of damage, proper use of the TSD supplied iPad case and tempered glass screen protector is required.
Insurance can be paid via PaySchools or to pay by check payable to Troy School District (reference student name and school on check) and mailed to Services Building - Tech Dept, 4420 Livernois, Troy, MI 48098