Technology & iPad Assistance:
See your building's Computer Tech during normal school hours for additional tech support. If your Computer Tech is not available, please contact the Help Desk at (248) 823-5092 or firstname.lastname@example.org (M-F, 7:00am - 4:30pm).
For iPad Repairs over the summer - please contact Help Desk at (248) 823-5092 or bring your iPad to Technology Services Building - 4420 Livernois, Troy, MI 48098
Follow us on Twitter @TSDTechDept
- How to Connect to the Internet from Home
- Where do I purchase a Rug-Ed Case for my personal iPad or iPhone?
How to Use Student iPads Outside of TSD at Home - Troy@Home App has been removed from iPad.
It’s VERY IMPORTANT to leave the browser window open. If you want to use Safari, you will need to use a different tab so that the login tab stays open. If you are going to use an app, leave Safari open, and then push the home button to find and open an app.
- What is my child's login & password?
- WHAT DOES "OPT-OUT" MEAN AND CAN I OPT BACK IN?
- DO I NEED TO SIGN AN AUP?
- MY CHILD'S IPAD CASE IS DAMAGED, CAN I REPLACE IT WITH A DIFFERENT CASE?
- IPAD RESPONSIBILITY FORMS AND GUIDELINES
Your child's login is their username, consisting of their first initial, middle initial, last name and grad year (Example: ABSmith25). Passwords are unique to each user and set per the district standards (see Password Info). If your child has issues logging into WIFI, network devices or forgotten their password, please have them see their Building Computer Tech.
If a child has homework assigned with the device, arrangements will need to be made for the child to use a home computer/device or a paper copy of the assignment. This does not preclude the child from paying for damage to the device. If the device is damaged during the time it is checked out to the child, they are responsible for all repair or replacement according to the Student iPad Responsibility Form.
A parent can Opt their child back in at any time. They will be responsible for signing a new Student iPad Responsibility Form and AUP, if one was not previously signed, so that the student can take the iPad home. See you Building Principal or Computer Tech for additional information and forms.
Yes, signing the AUP (Acceptable Use Policy) will allow your child access and usage of district computers in labs, classrooms, smartboards, iPads, as well as, have district internet access. It is important that all children have access to the technology offered in the buildings; without a signed AUP, your child will not be able to use these technologies. Additional information is available form your Building Principal and Computer Tech. Note: The AUP is signed one time and is effective until your child graduates, unless the district amends the document.
The AUP is signed only once, when your child enters the Troy School District, and is kept in their file through 12th grade.
The Troy School District has a policy in place that states that you can not remove the case from the district iPad. If the case is damaged, you must pay the replacement fee according to the Student iPad Responsibility Form, however, it does not count against an incident/occurrence. PaySchools, check or cash payment is acceptable.
Your Building Computer Tech can help test and evaluate the condition of the device, case or accessory and provide options for replacement. The district has a policy in place that all damage to the device, whether it be - case, device or charging cables, must be resolved.
- Where do I get the Student Responsibility / Insurance form?
- When do students receive their iPads?
- Will my student receive a new ipad or refurbished device?
- Is training available for students on how to use the iPad?
- Can parents opt their student out of using the iPad altogether?
- Can student's install their own apps?
- What accessories will be provided with the iPad?
- WHAT DO I DO IF MY IPAD IS DAMAGED, STOLEN OR MISSING?
- MY CHILD DOES NOT REMEMBER THEIR APPLE ID OR DEVICE LOCK PASSCODE?
- MY CHILD'S CHARGING CABLE AND/OR ADAPTER IS DAMAGED OR LOST, WHAT DO I DO?
- WHO DO I CALL OVER THE SUMMER OR AFTER HOURS FOR IPAD HELP?
- HOW TO I CLEAR MY IPAD CACHE?
The Troy School District supplies each child that received an iPad an Apple OEM or Certified lightening charging cable and adapter. It is the responsibility of the child to take care of these items and keep them in working condition. The Troy School District does not supply children with replacement cables or adapters during the school year if they become damaged or lost. It the responsibility of the child or parent to replace the items with Apple Certified items. Payment for missing items are assessed during iPad collections, at the end of the school year, or if your child is moving out of the district and has not returned their accessories. Contact your building tech or call TSD Help Desk for additional information.
We have opened a Twitter account to increase communication channels to our students, parents, and educational community. Please follow us at @TSDTechDept for important future communication. You can also continue to direct questions and concerns to email@example.com, as well as, talk to your local building technician throughout the school year.
The phone number for the TSD Help Desk is 248-823-5092.
If you are having difficulty opening web pages and it says that Safari cannot connect to the Server. It is time to clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPad.
Here's how to clear information from your device:
- To clear your history and cookies, tap Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. Clearing your history, cookies, and browsing data from Safari won't change your AutoFill information.
- To clear your cookies and keep your history, tap Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data > Remove All Website Data.
- When there's no history or website data to clear, the setting turns gray. The setting might also be gray if parental controls are set for websites. To check your settings, go to Settings > General > Restrictions, scroll to Allowed Content, then tap Websites.
- Is there technical support for student ipads in their school buildings?
- Do students keep their ipad or other device over the summer?
- My student has their own ipad. Can they use their own?
- How do I Pay for insurance?
- Are there content filtering restrictions on the iPad?
Yes, 1:1 studnets keep their iPads over the summer months, unless directed by the school district.
Students DO NOT keep the iPad, if they move out of the school district.
The iPads and the accessories are the property of the Troy School District and must be returned to a designated staff member in your building.
Insurance can be paid via PaySchools or to pay by check payable to Troy School District (reference student name and school on check) and mailed to Services Building - Tech Dept, 4420 Livernois, Troy, MI 48098