Secondary Math Test-Out
Middle and High School students may waive a mathematics course requirement by testing out of a particular course. The documents below explain the process and contain study guides for each course. Please read the first document (Testing Out Information 2020) thoroughly for the requirements for testing out.
IMPORTANT: The test out form must be completed on-line through the PowerSchool Parent/Student Portal. Submissions will be accepted between February 19 - March 20, 2020.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications will be marked as "approved" after March 20 - no action is required from parents after submitting the form.
- Log into PowerSchool at ps.troy.k12.mi.us (web version only)
- Click the Icon Forms from the Left Menu
- Open the form Waiving a Math Course through Testing Out
Math Test-Out will take place virtually.
Emails will be sent to students/families with Zoom meeting info.
Tests will take place from 1pm-3pm.
- Monday, June 1 - Algebra 2, Honors Algebra 2, PreCalc, Honors PreCalc
- Tuesday, June 2 - Geometry and Honors Geometry
- Wednesday, June 3 - Bridge Test and Math 8
- Thursday, June 4 – Math 7/8
- Friday, June 5 - Algebra 1 and Algebra 1 Honors