Food Service | Free & Reduced Meal Program
Michigan Says YES to Universal Free Meals for the 2023-2024 School Year
Michigan lawmakers have approved the state’s fiscal year 2024 budget, which includes funding for universal free meals at school.
The state’s House and the Senate passed the budget, which allocates $160 million to provide free school breakfast and lunch daily this coming school year. Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is expected to sign the bill into law.
Read the Governor's Press Release - Click Here
Dear Parent or Guardian:
As we move forward into the 2023-24 school year, due to the budget recommendations proposed by Governor Whitmer, the District will again be providing both breakfast and lunch meals to all students without cost to families. However, we are still required to provide and maintain Free and Reduced Lunch Applications, as submitted. A la carte items will be available to purchase if there are funds in the student’s account. The Food Service Department will now be using MySchoolBucks, so please access the following link, which can also be found on our web site https://www.troy.k12.mi.us/departments/food-service/breakfast-lunch-menus.
Please also take a moment to complete the attached Free & Reduced Lunch/Summer EBT/Educational Benefit Application for the 2023-24 school year. While this may not pertain to everyone, it does ensure that the Troy School District will continue to receive state and federal funding for education. Without this information, Troy Schools could lose important state funding for our programs that our students are entitled to.
All information submitted is strictly confidential. Please be sure to sign the attached “Sharing Information Form” that allows the district to share your information with such programs that are mentioned below:
- Pay to Participate (athletics and clubs)
- Food Support Programs (weekend backpacks, holiday meals, etc.)
- Field Trip Support Programs (reduced rates/scholarships for field trips)
- Programs that provide School Supplies and/or assist with School Fees (filled backpacks and supplies from requested supply list, testing fees, financial support for tutoring/summer programs)
- Programs that provide Holiday Support (meals, holiday gifts, opportunity for children to shop for gifts at no cost)
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact our Food Service Office at 248-823-5089. Thank you for your support!