2020 Board Appointed Trustee Process & Candidate Questionnaire
- The Board has a maximum of 30 days in which to select an individual to replace the resigning Board member.
- All applications must be submitted no later than 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 4, 2020. This will allow Board members the opportunity to review all materials.
- Troy School District electorates, 18 or older, interested in applying for the vacancy, must submit a letter of interest which includes background information, family, employment, involvement in the schools and community, and reasons they wish to be a member of the Troy Board of Education. The letter, a resume, proof of U.S. citizenship and questionnaire below must be submitted to Karl Schmidt, Troy Board of Education President, c/o Judy Holmes, 4400 Livernois, Troy, 48098, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:00 p.m., February 4, 2020.
- The Board of Education will hold a public meeting on Tuesday, February 11th at 6:00 p.m. at the Services Building, 4420 Livernois, to give each candidate an opportunity to address his or her interest in serving the Troy school community.
- The interim Board member will be selected at a special Board meeting on February 18, 2020.
The application and process can both be downloaded from the files below.