The Troy School District will become an exemplary learning community that supports innovation and is committed to continuous improvement. The Troy School District will be a place where a collaborative community develops curriculum, instructional strategies, and assessment to ensure all students learn.
Our exemplary learning community will:
Create a collaborative culture that ensures all students learn.
- A climate that fosters instructional collaboration
- A community of trust, mutual respect, empathy.
- An appreciation for diversity
- A physically safe and well-maintained learning environment
Implement a relevant and rigorous curriculum.
- Lessons aligned to the current curriculum benchmarks, grade level content expectations (GLCE) or high school content expectations (HSCE)
- A comprehensive curriculum designed to ensure that all students have opportunities to exceed local, state, and national standards
- Innovative programs developed from current research and instructional trends.
Continuously research, create, evaluate, and adapt best practice instructional strategies to ensure learning for all students.
- Purposeful use of instructional time
- Instructional strategies that meet the needs of all learners
Use ongoing assessments as instruments to design and adapt instruction that ensures quality learning.
- Design formative and summative assessments based on current research.
- Assessments that measure the curriculum
- Assessments that consider all learning styles
- Assessment that include multiple levels of thinking